Saturday 10 September 2011

Final Submission

Documentary:


Link for Level:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1B413G3Z
Hotkeys:
P to lift elevator up
N to lower elevator

Extract rar and just paste straight into root folder.


Google Sketchup Link:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=b28b2da64e910878d9a4f94bdf22d209

Final Concept:
The relation to Pure War in my level is expressed in a number of places. My level has 1 central structure (The red structure in the centre) It glows more as you approach it. The idea behind this is as it glows brighter it illuminates the surroundings maybe not by much but has some how affected it. I drew the from the idea that in Pure War everything is some what connected, even though it may not be directly connected it does have some form of connection. In the Pachube feed there are graphs which peak and dip and thus I drew this connection of increasing and decreasing as a result of position. The idea of the piano ramp came from the notion of how many people are unaware of they are in a state of pure war and that pure war is somewhat subliminal, just like the piano ramp. You can not see what is happening but you can hear it, but how do you know it is the ramp that is making the sound? I did this because the Air quality graph from the Pachube feed surprised me, I didn't know air quality could be measured and so I implemented the piano ramp to reflect this notion in pure war. This brings me to the piano stairs, I displayed it with the quote, "in the moment". It is like the Piano ramp but this time you can hear what is happening as well as hear it and hence it brings your attention to what is actually happening in that moment, perhaps your realisation that pure war exists. I tried to reflect the temperature graph by implementing the piano stairs, the idea that once something is brought to your attention you will notice it, such as a hot day. I implemented an elevator to give people a choice whether to take the stairs of the elevator, hence the quote, "we have a choice". This is to do with the aspect of democracy in Virilio's concept of pure war and that "the time of democracy that will save us in the event of catastrophe." I put a custom car in to further reinforce the idea of democracy, but more importantly in relation to pure war, that it is we who control what speed we go at  and Virilio speaks of the economy we participate in, the technology we use and love and the speed at which this is all happening. I put a bouncing neon light in to not only reflect the light graph in the Pachube feed (A peak and then a dip straight back into the original position) but to also symbolise pure war, the idea that all things have a result and consequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment